Fulhadhoo Island is the perfect destination for a relaxing vacation if you are in the mood for a relaxing getaway. Not only does this island offer a variety of water activities such as snorkeling, diving, and swimming, but it also contains many unique cultural sites that will make your trip to this island worth remembering!
Fulhadhoo Island’s Location
Fulhadhoo is one of the inhabited islands of Southern Maalhosmadulhu Atoll, code letter “Baa”, in the Maldives. It is 31.5 hectares in area and has approximately 600 people. This island was formed by corals growing on top of each other. Baa Atoll is the largest of the atolls of Maldives.
The second largest atoll in the country, Baa Atol, stretches over an area of 1,560 square kilometers (620 sq mi) with a length of 152 km (94 mi). The weather on Fulhadhoo Island is warm and humid. On average temperature is 28°C with a wind speed of 18 km/h from the W.
Things to Consider Before Visiting Fulhadhoo Island
Fulhadhoo is an idyllic island that is located in the Maldives. The island is known for its pristine white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. If you are planning on visiting Fulhadhoo Island, there are a few things that you should know before arrival.
- First and foremost, Fulhadhoo is a tiny island, and it can be challenging to find your way around.
- Secondly, the island has limited accommodation options, so book your stay well in advance.
- Lastly, Fulhadhoo is not suited for those looking for a lot of action and excitement. It is a quiet island perfect for couples or small groups of friends.
The Points of Interest Attraction on Fulhadhoo Island
- Fulhadhoo Island is a beautiful and secluded island perfect for a relaxing getaway.
- This island is home to some of the most stunning coral reefs in the world.
- There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained on this island, from swimming and snorkeling to hiking and biking.
- If you’re looking for a truly unique experience, Fulhadhoo Island is the place for you.
The main points of interest on the island also include a coral reef, waterfall, freshwater lagoon, and coconut plantation.
Best Time to Visit in Fulhadhoo
If you want to visit Fulhadhoo Island during the best time of year, you should visit from February to May. This is when the weather is most temperate, and there is less chance of rain. The island has a pleasant climate all year round, but the best time to visit is from February to May. It can be challenging to find places to sleep on the island because it’s so crowded during peak season.
How to Get To Fulhadhoo Island
There are three ways to get to Fulhadhoo Island: by boat, seaplane, or helicopter.
- Boats are available from Male International Airport, which takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes by speedboat or catamaran.
- Seaplanes can also be used to travel from Male International Airport to Hulule airport in 5 minutes, then take a speedboat to Fulhadhoo Island. Helicopters can also be used if you have time and money!
The Fulhadhoo Island’s History
The historical records of Fulhadhoo Island date back to the 16th century. During this period, Arab traders were seen frequenting the island, which they used as a base for their trade with Maldivians. The island was said to have been uninhabited at the time, with only a few trees and bushes on it. The Arab traders would build small shelters on the island, where they would stay until their ships returned from trading expeditions.
According to locals, these Arab traders brought many different plants from their homeland in Oman and cultivated them on the island. They also brought with them domesticated animals such as goats and sheep for meat production. These plants and animals became indigenous to the islands over time; however, most of them were lost after Arabs left the islands following an attack by Portuguese mercenaries in 1659 CE.
What is Available on Fulhadhoo Island
Fulhadhoo Island is a small island located in the Maldives with white sand beaches and crystal clear waters. The island offers a variety of activities such as snorkeling, diving, windsurfing, and kayaking. There are also several restaurants and guesthouses on the island that offer various dining options.
The best time to visit Fulhadhoo Island is from November to March when the weather is warm and sunny. During the rest of the year, there can be strong winds and waves, so visitors should be prepared for strong waves and windy conditions.
Essential Information About Fulhadhoo Island
If you’re considering a trip to Fulhadhoo Island, here are some essential facts you need to know.
- Fulhadhoo is one of the most beautiful and untouched islands in the Maldives. It’s located in the Southern Atoll, about an hour by speedboat from Maafushi.
- Fulhadhoo is a small island, with a population of around 600 people. The only way to get there is by speedboat or helicopter. The island has a few basic accommodations
- The best way to enjoy Fulhadhoo is to relax and take it easy. There’s no need for hours of hiking or swimming – the island has everything you need right on-site.
Whether you’re looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life or just want to soak up some sun and peace, Fulhadhoo Island is perfect for you.
Benefits of Visiting Fulhadhoo Island
The Maldives is a beautiful place to visit, and Fulhadhoo Island is no exception. Here are just a few of the benefits of visiting this island:
- It’s peaceful and relaxing. You can enjoy the company of your friends or family while lounging on one of the many beaches on the island, or you can relax in your own private bungalow. Either way, you’ll be able to catch up with loved ones and enjoy some peace in a beautiful setting.
- The food is delicious! There are so many options for food at Fulhadhoo Island that it will take you days to try them all—and even then, it might not be enough! The food here is fresh, flavorful, and perfect for enjoying your vacation.
- The beaches are gorgeous! There are several different beaches on Fulhadhoo Island where you can swim or snorkel in crystal clear waters. The sand is soft and white, making it easy to relax after a long day exploring this beautiful island!
Pros and Cons of Visiting Fulhadhoo Island
This beautiful and pristine island is located in the Maldives. The island has many charms, but it also has some cons. Here is a look at both sides of the coin:
- The island is stunningly beautiful with clear waters and white sand beaches.
- There are many activities on Fulhadhoo, such as swimming, snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, and windsurfing.
- The locals are friendly and welcoming.
- It’s a great place to relax and rejuvenate after a busy day.
- The island can be pretty expensive to visit.
- There is no electricity or cell phone service on this island, so you’ll have to bring everything with you.
Fulhadhoo Island is located in the Maldives, one of the most beautiful islands in the world. The island is also known for its pristine beauty and rich marine life. This island is home to several water villas that offer stunning views o the surrounding ocean.