Before we make a plan for international trip, we need to know about our destination. I searched everywhere on the internet and didn’t find any single article containing almost all the important information for travelers. That’s why I started to write articles where you will get almost all the important info that you will need to know before traveling.
In this article, I will share all the important information about the Thailand trip. Please support us by sharing the post, Following us on social media, and sharing your experience via comment or email.
Thailand is a Southeast Asian country known for its tropical beaches, opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins, and ornate temples displaying figures of Buddha. Bangkok is the capital of Thailand.
The area is about 513,120 km2, with a population of over 66 million people. Maximum is Buddhist (93.5%) and others are Muslim (5.4%), Christian (1.13%), Hindu (0.02%). Although Thailand has a development success story, it is still in the category of a developing nation. Currency is Baht (฿) ($1= ฿ 32.90).
Getting a Thailand tourist visa is not that hard. You can get a visa for $35 with 3-month validity. Visit iVisa to know all information about visas or visit directly to the Thailand embassy website.
You can apply for visa from here: Apply for visa
Best time to visit Thailand
November and April is the best time to visit in Thailand when temperatures range from 84°F to 97°F. This is the cool and dry season.
The rainy season in Thailand typically takes place from July to October. December is the coolest month of the year. January and April are known as the burning season in Thailand. At this time, Thailand’s air quality often reaches dangerous levels. Try to avoid visiting during this time.
Pick season is January, November, and December, and the cheapest month in Thailand is September.
There have various types of transport in Thailand. Bus, Taxi, Bike, Boat, Ferries, Train, Cruise, tuk-tuks, etc.
In short distance use Taxi ($1-$3) instead of tuk-tuks ($4-$6). Also, you can use public transport($.5-$2). You can book a car for $45.59 (100 KM) from GetTransfer. But I prefer trip.com
Accommodation is also cheap in Thailand. If you are a budget traveler, I suggest you not book online. You can get a single room only for $2-$6 on direct booking. But if you want a 3 to 5-star hotel, then you can book online from Booking.com or Trip.com
But, If you want to book online and still want the lowest rate? Here is some cheapest hotels list. From $3-$7.
Values of products and Services
Thailand is not that cheap, but it depends on your lifestyle. Here I will provide average prices. You need to spend $9 on accommodation, $15 on food, For $5 you can travel 20KM by Taxi (Use the bus to save money).
Important Things to Know
Thailand is really a beautiful place, especially for solo travelers. If you are traveling with your family, I suggest you avoid Bangkok. Cause there are someplace where you can’t visit with your family. While visiting Thailand, you need to know some important things for safe travel. First read this article: 50 things to keep in mind before going to travel.
- Respect their religion to avoid problems and don’t disrespect Buddha.
- Pack clothes accordingly to their temple rules. Don’t visit the temple in shorts and shoes. Wear long pants, a long skirt, or a t-shirt to cover up your elbows and knees when visiting temples.
- Don’t say any negative words about their king.
- Pack Bug spray, Toilet paper, Sunscreen, and Hand sanitizer.
- Keep distance from animals. Street dogs will not bite you. When they bark at you, don’t run. If you run, they will think you are a thief or dangerous person. So, Behave like you are a good person. If you have food, don’t try to feed them with your own hand. Just throw. Also, You get help from locals to pass them.
- Learn some Thai language for survival.
- If you want to visit any spots and the taxi driver says that the spot is close and suggests another place, then don’t listen to him. Thanks, him and ask another driver. He will earn a commission from the spots he suggested.
- On the beach, the fee for a massage and foot massage is around 300 baht or $9 for an hour. But, it is more expensive in a 5-star hotel.
- In some temples, won’t allow photography. So, ask before taking photos. Also, If you want to take photos of locals or monks, always ask first to avoid trouble.
- Smoking is banned in Thailand especially on beaches, offices, public places, hospitals, attractions, and some other places. I recommend you not to smoke everywhere. Breaking this law causes a fine of 100,000 THB or a year in prison or both.
- Thailand’s mangoes are the most delicious in the world.
- Take tuk-tuks during the day and taxis at night. Taxis are more comfortable and cheaper, but tuk-tuks give you a better view.
- Try local foods for a unique taste.
- Use public transport to save money.
- Don’t always book online. Direct booking is the cheaper way in Thailand.
- Keep a smile on your face while talking with others.
- You can visit temples for free.
- Avoid touristy areas to save money and enjoy the full view.
- Never eat near touristy spots.
- For adventure lovers: Visit Chiang Mai and go for mountain biking.
Best things to Do in Thailand
There have many things to do in Thailand. Here, I collected some best spots and activities that you must need to do while visiting Thailand.
- Visit the Grand Palace
- Have a Thai massage
- Enjoy an ethical elephant experience
- Hop through some of the world’s prettiest islands
- Visit the Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Climb the Sathorn unique tower
- Meet the hill tribes of northern Thailand
- Take a trip to Koh Phi Phi
- Visit Phang Nga Bay
- Go off-the-beaten-track in Chiang Mai
- Eat street food
- Visit Khao Yai national park
- Watch a Muay Thai fight
- Go for diving
- Visit Chiang Mai night bazaar
- Stay in an over water Bungalow
- Drink a Thai iced coffee
- Visit Railay Beach
- Go diving off the coast of Koh Lanta
- Take a trip to the city of Ayutthaya
- Take the Thai-Burma railway
Book Best Packages for Thailand Trip
If you don’t want to take risks and complete everything by own, then I have a better option for you. You can search from the search box below and select the best tour package for you. There have some benefits to booking a package trip.
Firstly, You don’t need to worry about Accommodations, Meals, Transportations, Attractions Tickets. The tour operator will complete everything. Secondly, You will have a guide who will help you with any problem. Thirdly, You can find an opportunity to meet various types of people.
30 Top-Rated Tourist Spots in Thailand
All spots are shorted by ratings from 1,000+ to almost 50,000. When you make plan to visit Thailand you can add some spots from here in your list.
- Railay Beach
- Koh Phi Phi
- Phang Nga Bay
- The Grand Palace, Bangkok
- Northern Hill Tribes
- Sunday Walking Street, Chiang Mai
- Similan Islands
- Mu Ko Chang National Park
- Ko Nang Yuan
- Wild Elephants at Khao Yai National Park
- Ko Lipe
- Sukhothai Historical Park
- Full Moon Party at Haad Rin
- Historic City of Ayutthaya
- Phanom Rung
- Thai-Burma Railway Death Railway
- Beaches of Koh Samui
- Doi Suthep
- Wat Arun
- Floating Markets
- Climbing at Tonsai Beach
- Kanchanaburi Bridge
- Waterfalls at Erawan National Park
- Chatuchak Weekend Market
- Maruekhathaiyawan Palace
- Mu Ko Ang Thong
- Khao Sok National Park
- Ao Nang
- Hua Hin Beach
Stay with us to know more about International trips. If you have any tips to share, Please comment or directly message us via social media. Also, If you want to share your travel experience on this website, Please Message us on Instagram.