China is really a beautiful country. Before we make a plan for an international trip, we need to know about our destination. I searched everywhere on the internet and didn’t find any single article containing almost all the important information about China Trip. That’s why I started to write articles, where you will get almost China Trip A to Z all info that you will need to know before traveling.
In this article, I will share all the important information about the China trip. Please support us by sharing the post, Following us on social media, and sharing your experience via comment or email.
China knew as the People’s Republic of China. Beijing is the capital of China. The area is about 9.597 million km², with a population of over 1.4 billion people. Maximum is No religion (74.5%), Buddhism (18.3%), Christianity (5.2%), Islam (1.6%) and others (0.4%). Standard Chinese is the official language of China. Currency is Chinese Yuan Renminbi ($1 = CNY 6.45).
Important Things to Know About China
If you know more, you can experience more. China has something different from others. You need to know some important things about China before making a trip.
- You will need a VPN. Because without VPN, you can’t be able to access your most useful site like Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Your credit card may not work in China. So, must keep some cash with you.
- There’s no need to tip in China
- Bring toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Most bathrooms don’t have toilet paper or soap.
- Carry a photocopy of your passport and visa info everywhere. Sometimes, police officer will stop you in the street and ask for your identification.
- Chinese people are very friendly with foreigners. Sometimes, they will ask you for a photo.
- They respect their language. So, You will find everything written in Chinese.
- Pack your napkin with you
- Don’t use one hand to give or receive things
- Be prepared for bargaining in China. Sometimes you can get a product only for 25% of their starting price.
- Smoking in China is very common. So, Specify that you want a non-smoking room.
- If you are a student, show it while buying attractions tickets. You don’t need International Student Card.
- Don’t take pictures inside a temple without permission
- Take off your shoes while visiting a temple
- Avoid Close Personal Contacts, Such as a Hug or Kiss
China Travel Cost
Whenever we plan to visit anywhere, we want to know the trip cost. So, if you want to visit China, obviously you need to know your trip cost. Now, you may have a question in your mind that, is china expensive to travel to? The answer is No. China is not that expensive as western countries.
Everything from Meals to Transportation is cheap. You will get a luxurious hotel at a reasonable price. But, if you want to know the exact price, it is not possible. Big cities are more expensive. From here, you will get some ideas about prices.
Food: At an average restaurant, you need to spend $5-$15 for a meal and $30–$60 for more expensive restaurants.
Transportation: You need to spend $50-$100 between cities by trains and $80 to $300 by economy flights. But, public transports cost depends on cities. In Beijing, metro fares are 3–8 yuan, public buses are 1–5 yuan, and taxis charge 13 yuan minimum.
Accommodation: Although, hotel costs change from season to season and are also different from one to another city. Here are the approximate average minimum costs for 2-person. You can book Luxurious Hotel for $100-$250, Mid-Range Hotel for $40-$120, Budget Hotel for $10-$40, and Hostel for $5-$20.
Attraction: You can get entry to almost all popular attractions from $5-$20.
Some important tips
- Learn some basic Chinese phrases before visiting China
- Avoid Peak season and holidays to avoid the crowd
- Use public transport to save money
- Keep a smile on your face while talking with others
- You can visit temples for free
- Avoid touristy areas to save money
- Never eat near touristy spots
- Install VPN: FASTEST VPN or Ivacy VPN
- Go to the airport before almost 2 hours
- Read our budget planning tips and Travel Tips
- Before traveling abroad, read this article
Best time to visit China
China is a vast country. So, it’s difficult to identify the best time to visit China. Every place has its own time to visit. Overall, the best times to visit China are Spring (April–May) and Autumn (September–October). But before planning a trip, you need to choose a weather-based location.
Best time for popular places:
- The best time to visit the Great Wall of China is from (April to June) when the views are especially beautiful as blooming flowers, sprinkle the mountains and leaves begin to turn green.
- Visit Beijing from (March to May) and from (September to October).
- Visit The Legendary Yellow Mountains is during (November to May) after rainy/snowy days.
- The best time to visit Yangshuo & Guilin are from (March to May) and (September throughout November). When the weather is relatively mild and days are generally sunny with temperatures between 20-30°C.
- The best times to visit Lijiang are from (March to May) and (mid-October to November).
- The best time to visit Shangri-La is from (May to October) when the temperature stays above freezing.
- The best time to visit Tibet is between (May and October) when the skies are largely clear and blue, temperatures reach 10°C+, and the ice has melted.
Please Avoid those times:
- Labor Day Holiday (May 1-3)
- Chinese National Day Holiday (October 1-7)
- Chinese New Year Holiday (In late January or early to mid-February)
If you can’t avoid those times, then book in advance. At least one month before and be prepared for extra price. If you want to know more then visit “The China Guide”.
Best things to Do in China
China is a beautiful and vast country. There have many things to do in China. But, here I only mentioned the most popular things that you must try.
- Climb the Great Wall of China in Beijing
- Explore Ancient Imperial History and Culture at Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven in Beijing
- Take a Bamboo Cruise Down the Li River
- Hike the Yellow Mountains
- Book Yangtze River Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang Downstream
- Go to Witness the Underground Wonder of Terracotta Warriors in Xian
- Visit Chengdu Panda Breeding Center
- Enjoy the Surreal Avatar World Landscape in Zhangjiajie National Park
- Ride the Dragon’s Escalator in Beijing
- Have a Thrilling Sky Walking on the World’s Longest and Highest Glasses Bridge
- Explore the Beijing Zoo
- Visit Enshi Grand Canyon
- Take a Huangpu River Dinner Cruise
- Visit the Elephant Trunk Hill at night in Guilin
- Yangshuo Old Town and Li River Cruise from Guilin
- Explore the Greatest Art Treasures House at Mogao Grottoes in Dunhuang
- Visit the Wuyuan, China’s most beautiful rural area
Best beaches in China
Although China is not the best for beaches, it has some beautiful beaches that you must visit. Yalong bay is one of them.
- Yalong Bay (Sanya)
- Wuzhizhou Island (Sanya) — The first Commercial Diving Location in China
- Shimei Bay Beach (Wanning, Hainan)
- Beidaihe Beach (Near Beijing)
- Gulangyu Beach (Xiamen)
- Sun and Moon Bay (Wanning City)
- Tianya Haijiao (Sanya) — Picturesque Beach Scenery
- Putuoshan Island (Zhoushan, Zhejiang Province)
- White Pebble Beach (Dalian, China)
Best China Tour Packages
If you want to be safe and hassle-free during your trip to China, you can book a package trip to explore China. Here are some best China tour packages for you with 5-star reviews.
- 11-Day Small-Group China Tour: Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin, Yangshuo, and Shanghai
- 8-Day Small-Group China Tour to Beijing, Xi’an and Shanghai, No Shopping
- 12 Days Tour – Real China Highlights: Beijing, Xi’an, Chengdu, Yangshuo, Hong Kong
- Zhangjiajie Private 4-Day Tour: Enshi Grand Canyon, And Tianmen Mountain
- 3-Day Yellow Mountains, Hongcun Village, and Tunxi Ancient Street Private Tour
If you didn’t find any, visit here for more
Stay with us to know more about International trips. If you have any tips to share, Please comment or directly message us via social media. Also, If you want to share your travel experience on this website, Please Message us on Instagram.